Port Cochin • Level of difficulties Easy • Type Sightseeing, Tasting • Price Adults € • Duration in hours 6 • Shore excursion code
This is an opportunity not to be missed if you want to discover effortlessly the natural beauty of the backwaters of Kerala, sailing calmly along the waters of the lagoon, perhaps with a nice cool drink in hand.
What we will see
• Cruise on a houseboat
• The region’s lagoon, lakes and canals
What we will do
• After leaving Kochi, we travel by coach to Alappuzha, previously known as Alleppey, dubbed the Venice of the East thanks to its beautiful lagoon.
• Once we arrive, we board a houseboat, a genuine “floating house” with a comfortable bedroom, bathroom, fully furnished lounge and balcony at the bow and a tailor-made kitchen at the stern.
• The team, made up of the cook, the captain and the helmsman, will greet us with a cold drink.
• We sail along the region’s lagoon, lakes and narrow canals on a timeless journey to discover the local way of life in the nearby districts.
What you need to know
• The coach transfer from Kochi to Alappuzha will take around an hour and a half.
• The cruise will last approximately 2 hours.
• The excursion duration may vary depending on traffic conditions.
• You are advised to have a substantial breakfast as we will not return to the ship until the afternoon.
• The boats’ capacity can vary according to availability and the number of bookings. Passengers will be embarked depending on the boat capacity.
• Adverse traffic conditions could alter the duration of the excursion. The streets may not be tarred.
• Do not forget to bring insect repellent.
• This excursion is not recommended to guests with mobility problems.