Tour of Jain & Udupi (full day)
Port New Mangalore • Level of difficulties Moderate • Type Sightseeing, Cultural, Meal included • Price Adults € • Duration in hours 8 • Shore excursion code
With this full day lunch included tour you will get the chance to visit the 1000 pillared temple in Moodbidri, the 42-foot monolith statue of Gomateshwara and a Hindu Temple.
What we will see
• 1000-pillared temple at Moodbidri
• Karkala Gomateshwara Temple
• Dr. Soans Farm for lunch
• Udupi Temples
What we will do
• We start the tour with a visit to the 1000-pillared temple at Moodbidri followed by a visit to Karkala Gomateshwara Temple, where stands the 42-foot monolithic statue of Lord Bahubali, a Jain Saint.
• Thereafter we visit Dr. Soans Farm for lunch.
• After lunch, we proceed to Udupi, a divine shrine in the coastal region of the State of Karnataka. Situated about 60 Kms from Mangalore, it is a fairly large and upcoming town that was the sanctum of Madhvacharya, the great Sanskrit philosopher. The famous temple here has a fascinating idol of Lord Krishna which was installed by the great saint Madhvacharya and which is richly adorned with jewels. Another attraction of this temple is the ‘Kanakana Kindi’ -a small window through which Krishna is believed to have given darshan to his ardent devotee, Kanakadasa. There are 3 main temples in Udupi: Chandreshwara, Anantheshwara &Sri Krishna temple. Chandreshwara and Anatheshwara are the most ancient temples of Udupi.
• Later drive back to pier.
What you need to know
• There are no professional guides in Mangalore. Guides are mainly English speaking students.
• Dress code at Temples – shoulder and knees should covered. No wheel chair accessibility at Temple.
• Being one of the famous pilgrimage sites in Southern India, Udupi temple may be crowded on weekends /holidays & in this case outside visit will be provided